Karen - Spillin her Dreams-karenforester.blogspot

Thursday, April 28, 2011

TRUE CONFESSIONS!

Once upon a time, there was a magazine on the market called "True Confessions. Perhaps, it is still out there somewhere, but, it has been many years since I have seen one, much less read one. At that time I was a
very young girl and I thought it to be "Quite Shocking!" Of course, at this time in history it would probably be a little like "Bubble Gum Music" and would not even shock a 10 year old, but, that was a long time ago. Unfortunately things have changed rather drastically.
Actually, what I have in mind today has nothing at all to do with magazines, "Shocking or not", but, I remembered the name and thought it would be an appropiate title for what I do have to say.
Last night I sat at this computer and wrote a "tongue in cheek" list of my complsints about the weather we have been having to deal with this spring. Asmittedly, I was not totally serious, I was just a little out of sorts and felt like complaining.
As I said at the time "I was even getting on my own nerves!"
Well this morning, as I got up and prepared to leave the house for a full day, I decided I would turn on the TV and check out the news to see if there was anything interesting happening in our world.
The minute a picture came onto the screen, I realized there had been a terrible tragedy. On Wednesday, April 27, 2011, as I am sure everyone already knows, a huge storm system had barreled across the southern part of our country and devastated everything for many miles around! Sadly and tragically, taken by the storms, were also more than 200(and still counting)lives! This was SHOCKING and HEARTRENDING.
It has caused me to rethink what I said last night, it dosn't matter if I thought, at the time, that I was being funny.
I am now so ASHAMED of myself. For I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT!
EACH and EVERYDAY, I look around me and see people that are truly HURTING! EVERYDAY, I talk to someone who is sick, or without a job, or without a home, or a wonderful husband, or a loving child, or a friend, maybe they can't walk, or havn't got a leg, or are paralyzed, or cannot see, or hear or speak! OR DYING! The list goes on and on!
EVERYDAY! Not once in awhile, but EVERYDAY!!!
So my friends, I want to apologize to each and every one of you that read last nights article.
I AM and HAVE BEEN BLESSED in so many ways I could never begin to count them all.
And I AM SO THANKFUL FOR WHAT GOD HAS PROVIDED! Sometimes I just need to be reminded of how much I really have!
What a sad wake up call!
I have decided that I must stop complaining and whining when things don't go exactly the way I think they should!!
My heart goes out to all who are hurting!
I pray that the storm clouds will soon pass and the healing will begin.
"MAY GOD WATCH OVER YOU AND BLESS YOU"

1 comment:

  1. Too bad we can't remember our resolutions more than a week or two at a time, though, isn't it? But a wake-up call once in a while is good for us, anyway! We are certainly blessed when we compare our situation with these poor people, aren't we?

    ReplyDelete