Karen - Spillin her Dreams-karenforester.blogspot

Saturday, July 10, 2010

This morning I was sitting here being kind of lazy. My sweet husband had made me a cup of coffee and I had my Pepsi on ice (yes, I know it is a strange habit, but I like it) I was just dreaming along and remembering things in my past.
So I thought I might try to see what would happen if I were to actually sat down at the computer and wrote some notes on my thoughts. I know several others that Blog and I enjoy reading what they write, so "Why not?
When I was little I remember lying out on my back in the yard and just thinking of all the things that might happen when I grew up. I don't remember ever having any particular dreams. Not any that lasted very long anyway except I knew I wanted to grow up and have a husband and kids.
Well, there was one that lasted for years and it started when I was about 11 or 12. At that time we had neighbors across the road that had a new colt. We were invited over to right after he was born and got to see him stand up for the very first time. I remember how cute and wobbly he was as he stood up. I was immediately in love. His name was "Storm of a Summer Night" because of the stormy night he was being born. We called him, of course "Stormy", and we spent hours playing with him in the field behind their house. He would chase us around the fence and come if we called him. The next summer when he was bigger we were able to swing down, from a tree with a very convienent branch at just the right hight, onto his back and ride him around the pasture. I don't remember being told we were allowed but we did it anyway and as far as I know no one ever stopped us. We had to ride bareback hollding onto his mane or the halter he sometimes wore. Only one time I remember being afraid with him and that was when our collie, Lassie, ran out at him and barked at his feet while I was riding. Igot to have the ride of my young life. He ran the full circle of his pasture and I recall how close the fence seemed as my leg flung out to the side as we rounded a corner. After a few minutes he reared back and I was no longer on top of him, but flat on my backside! Luckily,I wasn't hurt badly and I didn't tell because I was afraid I wouldn't be allowed over there any more if my parents found out!
He was moved when he was two years old and after that I always thought I would like to have a horse ranch and have beautiful horses to ride and care for.
For years I would tease Wayne, telling him that he had to buy me a farm so I could, at least, have ONE horse, but, he never would co-operate!
So, as you can see, my one big dream is still waiting to be fufilled!
Even though I will likely never own a horse of my own, I still love them and if I get the opportunity I still love (at least the idea) of riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment